Internet of Things
- August 18, 2021
- Posted by: Equine Global
- Category: Articles
What Is the Internet of Things (IoT)?
In the most general terms, the Internet of Things includes any object that can be connected to an Internet network, from factory equipment and cars to mobile devices and smart watches. But today, the IoT has more specifically come to mean connected things that are equipped with sensors, software, and other technologies that allow them to transmit and receive data.
Traditionally, connectivity was achieved mainly via Wi-Fi, whereas today 5G and other types of network platforms are increasingly able to handle large datasets with speed and reliability. IoT devices are empowered to be our eyes and ears when we can’t physically be there.
Equipped with sensors, devices capture the data that we might see, hear, or sense. They then share that data as directed, and we analyze it to help us inform and automate our subsequent actions or decisions. There are four key stages in this process:
- Capture the data. Through sensors, IoT devices capture data from their environments. This could be as simple as the temperature or as complex a real-time video feed.
- Share the data. Using available network connections, IoT devices make this data accessible through a public or private cloud, as directed
- Process the data. At this point, software is programmed to do something based on that data – such as turn on a fan or send a warning.
- Act on the data. Accumulated data from all devices within an IoT network is analyzed. This delivers powerful insights to inform confident actions and business decisions.
One of The Solution for the IoT is SAP Internet of Things.
The SAP Internet of Things solution offers capabilities to address industrial IoT use cases. As the IoT layer of SAP’s Business Technology Platform, it enables users to reimagine business processes and models with embedded IoT services and data. The SAP Internet of Things (SAP IoT) solution has a reference architecture that offers business services and specific capabilities to address critical industrial IoT use cases across manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, assets, products, service management, and more.
- Cloud service for building IoT applications and integration to business applications
- Big Data that’s built-in and managed
- IoT data enriched with business context, rules, and event-driven integration framework
- Analytical services with live integration to SAP Analytics Cloud
Internet of Things
- Enable digital transformation for the Internet of Things
Build a digital twin of physical products and connect them, create value-added services that complement your physical products, and integrate insights into the business suite.
- Increase operational efficiency with Industry 4.0
Drive business outcomes by enhancing your business processes with IoT data and improve quality, productivity, and resource efficiency by applying intelligent technologies.
- Reimagine your business model and revenue streams
Provide new benefits to your customers with intelligent IoT services. Encourage open innovation in your ecosystem, while keeping core processes stable.
Muhammad Noviarman Adiputra
Presales Solution Consultant Equine Global